Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Worth It

Tonight, a girl handed me a letter she had written for the staff. I loved it, thought I'd share it here. This is why I do what I do.

"To ALL Staff:
When I first got here I wanted to be here but when I came [onto the unit] I didn't. I was made that I couldn't leave before I even got put [in my group]. But when I started to meet new people and I've made friendships that I will never forget. I've seen Nurses and other staff that truly love their job and care about all of us here regardless of why we are here. I'm leaving tomorrow but I've enjoyed [Hospital] so much because I've learned how to relieve some of my stress and different ways to cope.

There aren't enough words in the world to tell everyone how grateful I am that everyone has helped me not only with my mental illness but with my self-confidence as well. So all I can say is Thank You! Thank you for everything! And I hope that I can work at [Hospital] one day, because I love everything about [Hospital].
Love: [Name]"

No comments:

Post a Comment